The Sevcon Gen5 provides a highly adaptable solution for motor control applications. The Size9 variant runs at up to 400V input and can provide a peak current output of 400A. The unit supports regenerative braking to reduce power consumption. A fully isolated logic and IO circuit allows for total separation of the high and low power system buses to improve safety and reliability. High voltage power connections are sealed with a protective cover and cable glands to maximize IP protection and touch safety. The revolutionary new "User Code" feature allows for further customization.
The High Voltage Gen5 range of motor controllers is suitable for applications including:
- Ideal for high powered automotive applications including cars, light commercial and bus and truck.
- Separate operating modes allow for the unit to act as a fully fledged VCU master or as a simple torque slave unit.
- Specifically designed with a high level of functional safety in mind.
The Gen5 supports configuration, calibration, control and status monitoring over a CAN bus. Fully and partially supported communications protocols include:
- Sevcon H and I Protocol
- Custom communication protocols using the "User Code" feature
To take full advantage of the features of CAN communication on a Sevcon product, an IXXAT CAN to USB device with Sevcon DVT Software subscription will be required.
The Sevcon Gen5 range is IP66 rated, providing total protection against dust ingress and protection against water ingress during high powered pressure washing.
The Gen5 range provides support for the following motor types:
- Induction machine
The Gen5 range provides support for the following sensor types:
Power connections are made through M10 terminal posts. This includes the DC link from a battery or other source and 3-phase output to the motor.
Signal connections are made through a 48-Way CNC connector. Signal connections include:
- 1x Encoder connection (power supply and signal connections)
- 2x CAN bus connection (termination available)
- 4x Configurable digital inputs
- 4x Configurable analogue inputs
- 2x Configurable contactor driver outputs
- 2x Thermistor input
- 5V and 10V power supply outputs rated for 200mA supply each
- Automotive standard key-switch/ignition inputs
- High voltage interlocks
|Minimum Supply Voltage (V)||128|
|Nominal Supply Voltage (V)||400|
|Maximum Supply Voltage (V)||450|
|Peak Current (A)||400|
|Boost Current (A)||400|
|Continuous Current (A)||200|