The Sevcon Gen4 DC Motor controller combines over 50 years of expertise into a robust, reliable and proven motor controller which is highly configurable to a number of application functions. The unit is air cooled and offers one of the most compact solutions for a motor controller of its power band. The 72V Gen4 DC variant can provide a peak current output of 550A. The unit supports regenerative braking to reduce power consumption.
The Gen4 range of motor controllers can be used across a wide range of applications, for example:
- Ideal for traction applications such as mopeds and go-carts, motorbikes, city cars, fork lift trucks and aerial work platforms.
- Separate operating modes allow for the unit to act as a fully fledged VCU master or as a simple torque slave unit.
- Sevcon Pump Application technology allows the unit to drive a pump motor.
- Specialist support for safety-critical power steer applications.
The Sevcon Gen4 range supports configuration, calibration, control and status monitoring over a CAN bus using the industry standard CANopen protocol. In order to support a wide range of applications, the unit is able to be configured as either an NMT master or slave device.
Gen4 controllers can be configured to support limited compatibility with a J1939 bus.
To take full advantage of the features of CAN communication on a Sevcon product, an IXXAT CAN to USB device with Sevcon DVT Software subscription will be required.
The Sevcon Gen4 range is IP66 rated, providing total protection against dust ingress and protection against water ingress during high powered pressure washing.
The Gen4 DC range provides 4 Quadrant armature control support for DC SEM motors
The Gen4 DC range provides support for the following sensor types:
Power connections are made through M8 terminal posts. This includes the DC link from a battery or other source via a fuse (mounted on-board) and 3-phase output to the motor.
Signal connections are made through a 23-Way Ampseal connector. Signal connections include:
- 1x Encoder connection (power supply and signal connections)
- 1x CAN bus connection (Termination available)
- 3x Configurable digital inputs
- 2x Configurable analogue inputs
- 4x Configurable contactor driver outputs
- 1x Thermistor input
- 5V and 10V power supply outputs rated for 200mA each
|Minimum Supply Voltage (V)||31|
|Nominal Supply Voltage (V)||72|
|Maximum Supply Voltage (V)||90|
|Peak Current (A)||650|
|Boost Current (A)||650|
|Continuous Current (A)||170|
Gen4 DC 72V 550A
- Brand: Sevcon Ltd.
- VoltSport Part Number: 003-004-001
- Availability: Pre-Order